Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Turkey Day

Really sorry about being off the blog site for 2 weeks… but getting settled into a new city is very time consuming. Add to that the fact that I have people to visit and things to do while I’m here in Ontario, I admit to being distracted. Finding a job… finding affordable housing and getting set up with furniture etc is all time consuming. I am optimistic about finding a job in my field once winter response starts… which for most cities is November thru April. Given a personal commitment I have made, this leave of absence from Angels of the Road will probably be about 12 months (give or take). For my young readers that may seem like a long time, but for those of us who have reached midlife it is barely a hiccup. Fortunately the road of life is long and there is always going to be enough time to do the things we need to do. For now the universe has put me in Hamilton Ontario, it is for me to do as much good as I can while I am here. Those of you who have known me for a while know that I do not make plans; I simply form intentions while watching the Creator’s plan for me unfold.
I have been thinking about adding a new blog page to the Angels of the Road website. One specifically where I can wax on about matters philosophical and spiritual. This journey is driven by many things. Sociologically it is about the crisis in and costs of homelessness in North America. Psychologically it is learning first-hand about the effects which the shelter environment has on individuals living and working in it. Personally it is about growing as a client care worker, teacher and advocate for social justice. Philosophically it is about honour, (being true to one’s word) walking the talk, doing the right thing simply because it is right. I cannot claim to speak for the homeless without first standing shoulder to shoulder with them in their world. Spiritually Angels of the Road is about living my faith, knowing god, the universe and my place there in. Trusting that this is the way I am meant to serve and that the outcome, whatever it is will be for the best (personally and ultimately).
I have said it before; I enjoy a deep and abiding peace of heart and mind. I see so many people of all socio-economic classes who endure such turmoil in their lives; I want to share what I know with them. That is why I want to add the new blog, I don’t know if it will be in the form of sharing a thought or writing discourses or answering questions… let’s see how it evolves ;-)
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment