Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Back to Daily Blogging ;-)

March 30, 2010
I received an email from a lovely young woman who I met at my brother’s church in Kelowna. Her words of support and encouragement reminded me that I am not just out here for myself. And maybe it isn’t my place to decide that day to day events of my journey are too mundane to be of interest to you. So I return now to my original format…. I will post something every day (barring some technical difficulty) even if it is only a few lines… or a thought for the day.
Once again I was gripped by Mardi Gras.... I went to AVATAR 3D, went for a pizza and bought new undies...OK the last one was a necessity so I guess that really doesn't count. I could go on and on about the movie but for today I'll only share this one thought.
On its face the film says that human kind (in the fictional future), have not evolved at all. In AVATAR we, as a species still cling to ignorance and greed as our inherent nature. But conversely, doesn’t the film’s portrayal of the humans as the villains, speak to our own awareness that these (ignorance and greed) are wrong. I like to think we are evolving.... what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. We pay More for Environmentally products.

    ReplyDelete