Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Holidays

December 22, 2009
Wow, I have been back in Calgary for 10 days now and it has been wonderful. One of the best things about going home, is that at Christmas time so many other people are doing the same. Friends who have moved to other parts of the country are all together in the same place. I was very fortunate to be able to spend a few days hanging out with one of my favourite people. Beyond challenging me intellectually and always making me laugh, he takes the time to tweak my computer anytime he visits. Who could ask for more.
Spent an evening with some of the girls I used to work with and tomorrow I'm seeing more work friends, one of whom is visiting from Vancouver. And I've been able to visit my D.I. friends, most of whom are doing o.k.; thanks for asking ;-)
Today I dropped off gifts for my friend's 4 small children, kids are so much fun. It was wonderful spending the day with them. Although my children and I won't be having Christmas until April (when my youngest will be able to join us)...those of us in Calgary will be getting together for turkey dinner on Friday.
In a city the size of Calgary turkey dinners for the homeless are served several time during the month of December. Agencies and individuals provide gifts, blankets and spend time volunteering. Everyone is so generous this time of year. For all you do, this toast is for you.
MAY YOU AND YOURS
HAVE A JOYOUS HOLIDAY SEASON,
FILLED WITH ALL THE GOOD THINGS
LIFE AND LOVE HAVE TO OFFER,

No comments:

Post a Comment