Monday, August 3, 2009

acedominaphine + caffine

August 3, 2009
It was a pretty ordinary Sunday for a Monday... at brunch there was much talk of a Heritage Day picnic at some park but nobody quite knew, where, when or if. Great way to keep food costs down, I suppose. Today I am happy to say we broke the 600 hits...remember that is 600+ different IP addresses. I had George (my daughter) check the statistics for the site and it translates into almost 8000 visits, that is so kewl. Bad news is I have a migraine... which I totally believe is, God's way of telling me to be sensitive to people who suffer from migraines. When I was in my early 20s I had a friend with 3 small children who would get migraines. She would bring the children to my house, then she would go to the hospital for a shot of Demerol and sleep away the day. I never gave her a hard time about it and never refused her, yet in my heart I was thinking "what a wussy getting laid up by a freakin headache". So in an effort to teach me a little compassion on that subject the Creator allows me to share the experience from time to time. My migraines are far less frequent since I have done the menopause thing, for that I am grateful. That is my personal story of smugness and humility, but I have seen it happen over and over to people around me. When we are insensitive, judgemental or smug about another person's situation God steps in and gives us an opportunity to experience first-hand what is really going on in that world. I try very hard to remember that everyday. I have been blessed in so many ways. I had a childhood that taught me strength and independence. I have wonderful, bright, beautiful children who have grown up to people whom I genuinely like. They make so proud everyday. I have good friends, many of whom have put up with my eccentricities for decades now. O.K. the headache tablets must be kicking in I think I'm babbling... Anyway I guess I'm just saying be grateful for the good things in your life, and find a way to share that joy with those around you... friends and strangers. There can never be too much joy or too much love in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment