Tuesday, August 25, 2009

You can't fillet a gold fish

August 25, 2009
A blind man walks into a bar.... He says to the bartender "I've got this great blond joke, wanna hear it." The bartender responds in a stern voice, "Listen buddy my name Sven I own this place and I'm blond.... my waitresses Candy and Tammy they're both blond and my bouncer Kevin ...he's blond. Now are you sure you want to be telling a blond joke in this bar?" The blind man thinks for a minute before he responds...."No, not if I'm going to have to explain it 4 times."
That is my favourite joke ever, my son James told me that one. If I want to make myself laugh I just have to say, "A blind man walks into a bar". If I want to make myself smile I just think of a lover I once had, who told me that all he wanted from our relationship, was to some day be the smile on my face that my husband didn't understand. To this day when I think of him I smile. ;-) see
Tonight I was on Face Book chatting with a former client, a young man in his 30s. During the coarse of our conversation. He told me that he loves me...I know I love him, as with many of the people I have known through my work. I've always said if you are going to be in social work, the pay is no hell... so you better do it for the love.
I don't feel like waxing philosophical tonight so I will just leave you this "A skeleton walks into a bar...says to the bartender, "I'll have a beer... and a mop."

No comments:

Post a Comment