Friday, July 10, 2009

Changes to the website

July 10, 2009
You can think of this as a late blog from July 9th or an early blog for July 10th. It is actually just a heads-up about some changes on the website. So, shame on me, I was blogless yesterday. The friends of the angels tab has been replaced with TO DONATE because yes I would welcome any assistence you could offer. The sponsor lists are still on the side panel, as before, but the intro page now has an outline of costs. Being homeless is not actually free, some people need money for booze or drugs. I need it for airtime, internet and transportation. Buying the bus tickets is a whole lot cheaper than paying the fines. I have found, I can walk pretty much anywhere in the small towns, but those towns only have resources to feed people free 5 days a week, 2 meals per day. For those of you who don't know me personally...I do not smoke. The cigarettes I buy are tools to introduce myself to people in the homeless and street population. They can also be used to mediate disputes, show gratitude or show respect to someone.
The bottom-line is Angels of the Road needs financial support from people like you to stay on the road. Please keep visiting our site some days (and blogs) are more interesting than others. But there is always something new to be learned out here among the homeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment