Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Catching a big Dream

August 11, 2009
The day started out crappy, slept too late for breakfast club, the sky was dark with storm clouds and I was on the phone trying to get some kind of reprieve from my phone company. I now have until months end to pay my bill in full... which is better then the 15th anyway. After lunch the sun came out...the weather warmed and my disposition with it. As I have said before, control what you can and let the rest go. Since I won't engage in any illegal activity to aquire large sums of money quickly, I really can't control this phone issue. I'm not going to let it get in the way of what I have to do out here, as I told my son, "even if I have to go phoneless I'm still goin' homeless" . Don't worry I'll find a way to blog, even if I snail-mail blogs to my oldest girl and have her submit them online.
So with the sunshine on my head and back in my heart, I spent the afternoon at the park making my mini-dream catchers. It is actually quite a relaxing way to spend an afternoon. I make them to sell for $5.00 each... I thought for a moment if I could sell 140 before the end of the month I would be able cover my phone bill. Really though I'm lucky to sell 1 or 2 on any given day, helps with bus ticket and smokes and such. The only way to sell that many that quickly is to do so online. So here is the grand plan. Make a donation of($5 + $2.50 postage)$7.50 or more to Angels of the Road and I will send you a personally hand made mini dream catcher...state colour preference and mailing address in the message box for emails and paypal or enclose a note with cheques sent by mail.






Colours




Someday, when I am a famous author and vox populaire you will look at your dream catcher and be proud to say you were a part of this journey ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment