Sunday, June 7, 2009

Food for thought

June 2, 2009


          Not too much sleep last night either.... my room-mate snored, talked in her sleep, and is more than a bit m.h. Tonight I expect to sleep a little better... if no one else comes in the next 15 minutes, I will have the room to myself.


          Anyway about my day, first I walked across town to a soup kitchen (lunch only) put on by the Catholics, it is for women and children. I met several nice native ladies about my age. Lillian invited me to the Rain Dance Gathering on June 11th, would love to go but the reserve is 35 miles from the city, we'll have to wait and see on that one. Although the women are low income none seemed to be actually homeless. Then at 3 p.m., I went to another soup kitchen (supper only), this one is co-ed so I had a chance to meet some guys...still haven't found any other emergency shelters for women. I can't help but wonder where the intox ladies sleep????



On an up note, I met the world's littlest pan-handler today. I was walking down the sidewalk and the cutest little girl about 4 years old was sitting by her fence. As I past she said, "Hey lady got a spare piece uh gum?" It could turn out to be a useful skill one day. lol.  Also I got my first hug today ;-)   I'll take that as a good sign. ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment