Sunday, June 7, 2009

So it begins

June 1, 2009


The bus was an hour late leaving Calgary but still arrived at our destination on schedule. The trip took all night, I didn't get any sleep, but it was necessary so I would arrive early enough in the day find a shelter for the night. Turned out not to be too difficult. I called the YWCA from the bus terminal and they referred me to an emergency shelter that has 12 sober beds for women. There are 3 beds to a room in 4 rooms the rest of the building is affordable (transitional) housing, 2 ladies sharing each room. The men are housed on the other side of downtown. The Creator must be easing me into my new life, these rooms are really very nice... shower, fridge, microwave and a 1 channel TV. They lock down at 8 a.m. but we can leave our stuff behind during the day. I can stay here free for 7days the after that it cost $10 per night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment