Friday, June 12, 2009

no good in goodbye

June 12, 2009
I spent the morning with two of my new friends, I hope to see them again before I go on Monday. I chose Monday to depart because this shelter will let the girls stay in all day on Sunday. That would allow me to catch up on both sleep and paperwork...I have no idea what the situation will be in the next city so it could be a long time before I get another chance to do either LOL
Both of my friends asked me to stay on,"just another week or two". I suspect that there will always be a reason to stay just a bit longer. And it will always be difficult to say goodbye on this journey because it is unlikely that I will be returning. Perhaps we will keep in touch at least for awhile but ultimately that will likely fade. Though I am sad to leave, I have been blessed to have had my life touch by these beautiful souls ...if only for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment